pydal migration

Massimo DiPierro

Dec 23, 2014, 3:15:16 AM12/23/14
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com

Before I merge this:

https://github.com/web2py/web2py/pull/561

is everybody on board? Do you see any potential problem?

Since we are going in this direction, I would like the web2py template also become a separate module. Anyway, one thing at the time.

Let’s be aware that this will complicate issue reporting.

Massimo

Michele Comitini

Dec 23, 2014, 5:05:59 AM12/23/14
to web2py-developers
I think this is a good thing.  My question: How are web2py releases going to follow pyDAL versions?

Giovanni Barillari

Dec 23, 2014, 6:41:54 AM12/23/14
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Before you merge, please activate travis-ci on pydal repository.

/Giovanni

Massimo DiPierro

Dec 23, 2014, 7:01:31 AM12/23/14
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
done

Niphlod

Dec 23, 2014, 7:51:51 AM12/23/14
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
I added the repo to coveralls, but I don't see any facility that uploads the coverage in the travis.yml........

Giovanni Barillari

Dec 23, 2014, 2:20:05 PM12/23/14
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
This is because in web2py coveralls was managed by run_system_tests in https://github.com/web2py/web2py/blob/master/gluon/widget.py, pyDAL needs a new implementation for that.

I've never used coveralls, so I have no idea on how to re-implement this :(

/Giovanni

Niphlod

Dec 23, 2014, 2:43:22 PM12/23/14
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
wait a sec. coverage is one thing, coveralls is another...
in web2py coverAGE was handled by run_system_tests (and pydal needs that too...).
coverALLS integration is just sending over coverage reports to coveralls.io ... that part I can take care of.

Giovanni Barillari

Dec 24, 2014, 6:40:29 AM12/24/14
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
Whoops, I was a bit confused! ^^"