2.10.1

Massimo DiPierro

Mar 31, 2015, 10:38:58 AM3/31/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
I am planning to release this tomorrow using the latest pydal. Any objection?

Richard Vézina

Mar 31, 2015, 2:13:08 PM3/31/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
You can merge the remaning PEP8 improvements if you want...

:)

Richard

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Massimo DiPierro <massimo....@gmail.com> wrote:
I am planning to release this tomorrow using the latest pydal. Any objection?

Niphlod

Mar 31, 2015, 2:49:21 PM3/31/15

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 4:38:58 PM UTC+2, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:
I am planning to release this tomorrow using the latest pydal. Any objection?

you calling in "latest pydal" :P . What version of pydal is going to be released along with 2.10.1 ?

Massimo DiPierro

Mar 31, 2015, 2:54:14 PM3/31/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
The one tagged v15.03.

Niphlod

Mar 31, 2015, 3:05:34 PM3/31/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
muhahaha (the was some pun intended).
perfect, you can ship 2.10.1 if all the points raised in the last two weeks are resolved...

Massimo DiPierro

Mar 31, 2015, 3:17:21 PM3/31/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com

I think they are. It going to be a good version. 😀

On Mar 31, 2015 2:05 PM, "Niphlod" <nip...@gmail.com> wrote:
muhahaha (the was some pun intended).
perfect, you can ship 2.10.1 if all the points raised in the last two weeks are resolved...

Niphlod

Mar 31, 2015, 3:39:24 PM3/31/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm working towards doing continuos integration on windows too. next one is going to be better :P

Niphlod

Mar 31, 2015, 4:18:55 PM3/31/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
BTW: binaries (at least for windows, not sure about mac's one) needs to be repackaged because of the new psutil dependeny in cache.ram

Niphlod

Apr 1, 2015, 2:27:49 PM4/1/15
to web2py-d...@googlegroups.com
BTW2 : it has been another stellar dropout-experience for newbies :-( .

I think we need to put in place a written "process" with all the steps in order to release a new stable version

BTW3: @mdipierro: tagged releases worked good on github because all the code was contained in the archive.
The problem now - already clearly stated - is that github archives DON'T include pydal subrepo.
I originally recommended attaching AT LEAST the source zip containing pydal's repo to the release, and I still feel we should. If instead you want to keep serving web2py off www.web2py.com, the release "manifest" should clearly point out that github archives are no longer valid.

Massimo DiPierro

Apr 1, 2015, 3:18:16 PM4/1/15
On Apr 1, 2015, at 1:27 PM, Niphlod <nip...@gmail.com> wrote:

BTW2 : it has been another stellar dropout-experience for newbies :-( .

Yes. We have to problems.
1) the cache clear issue. I have a pull request from Leonel.
I think the problem is the presence of the gluon/dal folder so this is only a problem for those upgrading from 2.9.12. Do you agree? I do not see another explanation.

I think we need to put in place a written "process" with all the steps in order to release a new stable version

BTW3: @mdipierro: tagged releases worked good on github because all the code was contained in the archive.
The problem now - already clearly stated - is that github archives DON'T include pydal subrepo.
I originally recommended attaching AT LEAST the source zip containing pydal's repo to the release, and I still feel we should. If instead you want to keep serving web2py off www.web2py.com, the release "manifest" should clearly point out that github archives are no longer valid.

Not sure where this comment would go but I will look for a place.

On Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 9:17:21 PM UTC+2, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:

I think they are. It going to be a good version. 😀

Niphlod

Apr 1, 2015, 3:48:16 PM4/1/15

On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 9:18:16 PM UTC+2, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:

[...]

right on the release (they're editable, after all) :-P

something among the line of

NB: Don't download archives from github as they don't include pydal