JavaScript shim - support for message ports?

John Lyle

Sep 14, 2012, 5:27:44 AM9/14/12
to web-inten...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm experimenting with WebIntents and using the JavaScript shim to do so.  i'm using Chrome and commenting out the first line of the shim to avoid having to register intent services with a manifest.

However, what I'd really like to try out is the passing of MessagePorts between the invoker and the intent service.  I'd like to do what the specification in part 5.3 mentions with regard to persistent connections.  Unfortunately, I'm having some problems making this work. Are there any examples of using MessagePorts with WebIntents?  Does the JavaScript shim support them?

Many thanks,

John

Greg Billock

Sep 14, 2012, 11:16:21 AM9/14/12
to web-inten...@googlegroups.com
No, I don't think the shim supports message ports.