Problem with Web Intents appeared in January

garipov...@tgtoil.com

Jan 25, 2013, 9:18:55 AM1/25/13
to web-inten...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been using Web Intents to find my application in Chrome Web Store.
That is the script that invoked the intent:

        var shareBtn = document.getElementById("shareBtn");
        shareBtn.style.visibility = "visible";
        shareBtn.addEventListener("click", function() {
            var intent = new Intent("http://drive.google.com/intents/opendrivedoc", "application/vnd.google.drive.ext-type.lvz", "somedata");
            window.navigator.startActivity(intent);
        }, false);

Here's the part of the manifest.json:

    "intents": {
            {
                "type": ["application/vnd.google.drive.ext-type.lvz"],
                "href": "base64_html1.html",
                "title" : "Base64",
                "disposition" : "window"
            }
        ]
    },
    "nacl_modules" : [{
        "path": "glibc/base64.nmf",
        "mime_type": "application/vnd.google.drive.ext-type.lvz"
    }],

When I'm trying to launch my app with "file" protocol, I get this type of error:
"Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL file:///C:/Python27/pepper_22/examples/las_launcher01.html from frame with URL http://webintents.org/picker.html. The frame requesting access has a protocol of 'http', the frame being accessed has a protocol of 'file'. Protocols must match."
in webintents-server.js

When I'm trying to use "http" protocol (localhost) I get this:
"Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://localhost:5103/las_launcher01.html from frame with URL http://webintents.org/picker.html. Domains, protocols and ports must match."
in the same file.

My code worked like 3-5 days ago, but now it doesn't.

Can anyone share if they had such an error or help to solve this problem?

Regards,
Nelia.

Greg Billock

Jan 27, 2013, 12:50:17 PM1/27/13
to web-inten...@googlegroups.com
See this doc page: https://developers.google.com/drive/mime-filtering

It looks like there may be several things going on here, from using the web intents shim, to cross-secure protocol problems, to syntax for the Google Drive plugin. I'm guessing this last is the root cause, though.

The web intents experimental implementation in Chrome is disabled by default now, but that's been true for some time.

Yeradis Barbosa Marrero

Apr 18, 2013, 12:33:18 PM4/18/13
to web-inten...@googlegroups.com
Also, Web Intents are deprecated in Chrome https://developer.chrome.com/trunk/apps/app_intents.html Warning: Deprecated in Chrome 24. Web intents are no longer supported.