Validate intent

Thomas Ardal

May 17, 2012, 2:55:28 PM5/17/12
to web-inten...@googlegroups.com
I would like to see a validate intent, making it possible to validate websites for different kind of things like W3 markup validation, spell checking etc. Does anyone know if someone are working on this intent. If not, I would like to make something up.

Jonathan Frazer

May 18, 2012, 3:44:28 PM5/18/12
to web-inten...@googlegroups.com
According to the webintents.org site, these are the intents planned:
I haven't seen anyone suggest a validate intent, but from your limited description, would "discover" do what you're looking for?  Ex.: a site could "discover" a spell-checking API or service that lives on an external service.  I'm not sure if it is quite in the scope of the Discover intent or not, but check it out if you haven't yet.  I'm not an expert: I've only been following intents for a few months, so maybe someone else could give you more input.

Thomas Ardal

May 18, 2012, 3:52:22 PM5/18/12
to web-inten...@googlegroups.com
Reading the discover intent description again, I think you are absolutely right. The discover intent would work great for this. Thanks Jonathan.