Protocol?

rektide

May 18, 2012, 1:49:35 PM5/18/12
to web-inten...@googlegroups.com
When and where is work being done to describe what WebIntents the protocol is? The
specification, as it stands, is a client API. I want to see and talk about what happens on
the wire, want to see diagrams like this:
http://www.w3.org/wiki/images/8/8e/V2_W3C_Web_Intents_-_Local_UPnP_Service_Discovery.pdf#page=10

Lower level please!!!

Thanks! Happy Friday!
-rektide

Paul Kinlan

May 18, 2012, 5:17:10 PM5/18/12
to web-inten...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is happening on the public-web-intents list on the w3c.

-rektide

Greg Billock

May 21, 2012, 1:30:33 PM5/21/12
to web-inten...@googlegroups.com
See also the web intents wiki: http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebIntents

Specifically --

Note that web intents is not a wire format -- data is exchanged within the browser process, and not transmitted over the network. The format of exchanged data types, though, is obviously of great importance. The task force has mainly been concentrating on the API, but we're starting to do more work with messages and data types now, with these wiki pages, the UPnP work that Claes and others are doing, and the Gallery API proposal from Jungkee Song: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-intents/2012May/0002.html