intents + meemoo hackable web apps

Forrest Oliphant

May 3, 2012, 6:56:46 AM5/3/12
to web-inten...@googlegroups.com
What is the state of webintents? I have not seen it in action much.

My thesis project is Meemoo.org which has a similar goal in a different way. You can load modules (html pages in iframes) into one "app" that shows how the modules communicate (with window.postMessage()). I'd like to make a webintent "share" module, but don't see any examples. http://www.imagemator.com/ doesn't seem to work in Firefox 12 or Chrome 18.

http://meemoo.org/iframework/

- Forrest

paulkinlan

May 7, 2012, 6:13:53 PM5/7/12
to web-inten...@googlegroups.com
Currently a change I landed for CSP into the shim has caused it to stop working in FF - the problem being that you can't debug it either.  Should work in Opera.  As for Chrome 18, wait until 19, we had to change to a prefix model and a few other features which mean the shim erronously detects support for intents although it won't work.

It sounds like meemoo works in a very similar way to the shim. :)