AWS sign up problem

Gajendra Makode

Mar 23, 2015, 11:57:23 AM3/23/15
to web-data...@googlegroups.com
AWS is asking for credit card number to sign up
can I use parse to create server?? does it provide service essential for WDC

Robert Meusel

Mar 24, 2015, 11:39:51 AM3/24/15
to web-data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gajendra,

As the website says:

5. Costs
The usage of the WDC framework is free of charge. Nevertheless, as the framework makes use of services from AWS, Amazon will charge you for the usage. There are several granting possibilities by Amazon itself, where Amazon supports ideas and projects running within their cloud system with free credits - especially in the education area (see Amazon Grants).

This means that AWS will need your credit information as the use of AWS Services is NOT free of charge. As, in the current version, the WDC Framework is build to use AWS Services

What do you mean by "parse to create server"?

Cheers,
Robert

Gajendra Makode

Mar 24, 2015, 2:08:06 PM3/24/15
to web-data...@googlegroups.com
Hey Robert
thanks for that reply..........
i searched parse.com does not provide services like amazon.......
is there is another way to create own extractor other than WDC??I need to make it as a part of my collage project

Robert Meusel

Mar 26, 2015, 9:10:52 AM3/26/15
to web-data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you can have a look at the common crawl group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/common-crawl

There are other extraction frameworks. Maybe you find something in the blog of common crawl.

Cheers,
Robert