Tracking usage of JSON-LD in the wild

Markus Lanthaler

Oct 1, 2014, 5:25:39 PM10/1/14
to web-data...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Since Schema.org announced to support JSON-LD a year ago [1] it got a lot of
attention. Given that it is now an official W3C Recommendation, more and
more companies start to use it in their products and search engines start to
index it. It would be very interesting to track its usage in the wild. Would
it be possible to include it in the next crawl/processing? What would be
needed to add it? Is this something I could help with?

Thanks,
Markus

[1] http://blog.schema.org/2013/06/schemaorg-and-json-ld.html

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler

Tom Morris

Oct 2, 2014, 1:48:25 AM10/2/14
On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Markus Lanthaler <markus.l...@gmx.net> wrote:
Since Schema.org announced to support JSON-LD a year ago [1] it got a lot of
attention. Given that it is now an official W3C Recommendation, more and
more companies start to use it in their products and search engines start to
index it. It would be very interesting to track its usage in the wild. Would
it be possible to include it in the next crawl/processing? What would be
needed to add it? Is this something I could help with?

Seems like it'd be pretty straightforward to include.  Do you have a pull request that you want reviewed/merged?

Tom

Robert Meusel

Oct 2, 2014, 2:10:30 AM10/2/14
to web-data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Markus,

Whenever we run the next extraction we can have a look into this. Seems to be an interesting topic to include and extract as well. Currently we are using Any23 Lib to extract the data. Easiest would be (if not already included) to write a new/adapt existing extractor to get the data.

But, to be honest, I do not yet know when we will run the next extraction.

Cheers,
Robert