[wd-sinatra] ActiveSupport 4 requires Ruby 1.9.3+

Jack Chu

Aug 24, 2013, 4:36:44 PM8/24/13
to weasel...@googlegroups.com
Rails 4 was just released recently, that means the activesupport 4 gem was released, which requires ruby 1.9.3 and up. wd-sinatra requires activesupport, so the specs currently fail on rubies below 1.9.3. Short term, I'm going to lock activesupport at '~> 3.x', but longer term I was wondering what we should do. Eventually Rails will drop support for activesupport 3.x, so we could require 1.9.3 and up or remove the activesupport dependency altogether.

Matt Aimonetti

Aug 24, 2013, 6:38:45 PM8/24/13
to Jack Chu, weasel...@googlegroups.com

Ruby 1.8.7 isn't supported by the Ruby team, I don't think we should either

--
https://github.com/mattetti/wd-sinatra
https://github.com/mattetti/Weasel-Diesel

Jack Chu

Aug 24, 2013, 6:43:22 PM8/24/13
to weasel...@googlegroups.com, Jack Chu
How about 1.9.2?

Matt Aimonetti

Aug 24, 2013, 6:56:37 PM8/24/13
to Jack Chu, weasel...@googlegroups.com

Hmm good point, we could leave AS >= 3

Jack Chu

Aug 24, 2013, 7:07:56 PM8/24/13
to weasel...@googlegroups.com, Jack Chu
Do you mind if I remove all the ruby 1.8 specific code in WD? I think it does make sense to drop 1.8 support and remove all those code blocks specific to support it.

Matt Aimonetti

Aug 24, 2013, 7:14:39 PM8/24/13
to Jack Chu, weaseldiesel
Go for it

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Jack Chu <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do you mind if I remove all the ruby 1.8 specific code in WD? I think it does make sense to drop 1.8 support and remove all those code blocks specific to support it.

Jack Chu

Aug 24, 2013, 8:11:57 PM8/24/13
to weasel...@googlegroups.com, Jack Chu
All set. 1.8.x dropped from WD and wd_sinatra. I put a ruby version conditional in the wd_sinatra gemspec. It'll use AS 3.2 if ruby version is 1.9.2, otherwise it'll load latest.

We need to cut a gem for wd_sinatra, I updated the changelog and named it HEAD, just not sure if you want to bump the version to 2.0.0 or 1.1.0.

Matt Aimonetti

Aug 24, 2013, 8:17:14 PM8/24/13
to Jack Chu, weaseldiesel

With all the changes, a 2.0 might be appropriate

On Aug 24, 2013 5:11 PM, "Jack Chu" <kam...@gmail.com> wrote:
All set. 1.8.x dropped from WD and wd_sinatra. I put a ruby version conditional in the wd_sinatra gemspec. It'll use AS 3.2 if ruby version is 1.9.2, otherwise it'll load latest.

We need to cut a gem for wd_sinatra, I updated the changelog and named it HEAD, just not sure if you want to bump the version to 2.0.0 or 1.1.0.

Jack Chu

Aug 24, 2013, 8:25:35 PM8/24/13
to weasel...@googlegroups.com, Jack Chu
I bumped the version in git to 2.0.0, but forgot I don't have rubygem permission on the wd_sinatra gem. Feel free to rake release them gem yourself, or you could give me permission and I'll do it.

Matt Aimonetti

Aug 24, 2013, 9:35:07 PM8/24/13
to Jack Chu, weasel...@googlegroups.com
I added you as an owner, feel free to release the gem when you think it's good.