Are you a WBWC Member? If not, don't waste another minute, join today!

Erica

May 20, 2016, 11:51:07 AM5/20/16
to wb...@googlegroups.com

Happy Bike to Work Day!

Every week, whether you know it or not, the Washtenaw Bicycling and Walking Coalition (WBWC) is working behind the scenes (and sometimes quite visibly) to make Washtenaw County a national leader in biking and walking.

For instance, this week we helped to arrange and promote site visits from Steve Clark of  League of American Bicyclists in both Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti. This visit included bike ride with advocates, policy makers, and city staff. Steve had some specific recommendations for both cities, but also some common advice. Cities that become national leaders have: 1) a mayor or council member who champions the importance of building a bike-friendly community;  2) dedicated city staff; and 3) tireless advocates.

For the past 16 years, WBWC has been advocating for a more walkable, bike-friendly Washtenaw County. And we're making progress, but we know what world-class facilities and policies look like and we're not there yet. We know that if we want to speed up  our progress, we need to grow our membership and build this movement.

That's where you come in... JOIN WBWC TODAY. Demonstrate that these issues matter by putting your name and a few dollars behind these goals. And if you're already a member, thank you and please consider forwarding this message to a friend you think may need a nudge today.

Memberships are $10 (students), $25 (individual), and $35 (family). You'll get some great local discounts with your membership and you can close out bike to work week on a high note! http://www.wbwc.org/#!join/cudb

Happy riding (and walking),

Erica Briggs
WBWC Board Member and Membership Co-Chair