Fwd: The Time Is Now-CALL TO ACTION!

1 view

Erica

Jul 10, 2015, 4:16:16 PM7/10/15
to wb...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martha Valadez, Partners for Transit <mar...@ecocenter.org>
Date: Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 2:07 PM
Subject: The Time Is Now-CALL TO ACTION!
To: briggsw...@gmail.com

THE TIME IS NOW-CALL TO ACTION

space

Dear Scio Township Supporters,

For many months, Scio Township residents and business owners have voiced the need for expanded transit. Last month, survey results showed that expanded transit in Scio Township would be widely used,  it would positively impact many individuals and businesses, and it would meet a large need in the community. We now need the trustees to explore funding options to secure the proposed AAATA 5 year plan of services in Scio Township and keep transit on the agenda at meetings. The time is now!

In order to assure that the dialogue and next steps continue in a timely manner, we are encouraging you and your friends to call Township Supervisor Spaulding Clark at (734) 369-9400 as well as send an email to Township Clerk Nancy Hedberg at nhed...@sciotownship.org prior to the township meeting this upcoming Tuesday, July 14th.

Here is the simple script you can use as you make your call and email:

"Hello, my name is ____ and I am a resident in Scio Township. I am also a supporter of the P4T Scio Transit Team. I am writing to express my support for public transportation and urge you to move forward with discussing the funding for services through an SAD, or Special Assessment District. This funding mechanism would automatically secure that the service be covered by residents who would be served by the public transit service. We also encourage you to confirm this funding option so that accessible input sessions are coordinated and scheduled in a timely manner. Thank you for your continued commitment to transit in Scio Township ."

We also hope you are able to attend the upcoming trustees meeting on Tuesday, July 14th. We are going to meet at the township hall (827 N. Zeeb Rd) at 6:45pm.

Sincerely,

Martha B. Valadez

Transit Campaign Organizer

Ecology Center

Mar...@ecocenter.org

tel: 734-761-3186

space

About P4T

Partners for Transit is a coalition of community leaders, religious leaders, environmental activists, local professionals, business leaders, students, and motivated residents dedicated to the improvement of public transportation in Washtenaw County.

space
For more information, visit http://partnersfortransit.org/

empowered by Salsa