Pedestrian collision and death, Miller Rd

John Hritz

Apr 14, 2018, 1:26:45 PM4/14/18
to Washtenaw Bicycling and Walking Coalition

Ken Freeman

Apr 14, 2018, 8:03:00 PM4/14/18
to Washtenaw Bicycling and Walking Coalition
I agree with the person who said that added vigilance and common-sense judgement is needed from drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians.  I don't know the facts of this case and I do not want to judge in any way.  I'm concerned about the overall possibility that pedestrians may assume they are entitled to just walk out at a crosswalk or where they think it may be a crosswalk without looking, and I'm concerned that vehicle drivers may assume they are entitled to not be vigilant for and protective of pedestrians regardless of what they do near traffic.

We are our brother's and sister's keeper, and right of way does not mean right to kill.

On Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 1:26:45 PM UTC-4, John Hritz wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2018/04/pedestrian_hit_by_vehicle_in_a.html

John Hritz

Apr 24, 2018, 10:57:12 AM4/24/18
to Washtenaw Bicycling and Walking Coalition
I have not seen any further updates on this collision.  I sent a note off to the reporter to see if the investigation has concluded.

Linda Diane Delft

Apr 24, 2018, 1:49:03 PM4/24/18
to wb...@googlegroups.com
Last week I spoke with one of the officers handling the investigation. He said it would be two weeks before they would have information to release. So I expect that sometime next week.

Linda Diane Feldt

Sent from my iPhone
--
Please note that WBWC google groups is an unmoderated forum. It was developed by the Washtenaw Bicycling and Walking Coalition as a tool for bikers and walkers to discuss key issues and share information. However, not all views expressed in this group are the views or values of WBWC. For more information about WBWC, meetings, and projects, please visit www.wbwc.org
---