Fwd: Bicycle Safety Legislation in Jeopardy - Take Action!

已查看 1 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Bob Krzewinski

未读,
2016年12月12日 10:58:202016/12/12
收件人 wb...@googlegroups.com

Please sign LMB’s petition urging House action on our bicycle safety legislation. Whether or not you previously singed our Action Alert to your individual lawmakers, we need your help again (this is a new petition)! The bills that would create a five foot passing standard and dedicate more time in driver’s education to bicycle safety and awareness are in jeopardy.

The Michigan Senate recently passed these bills by wide margins. They were referred to the House Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure where they have been waiting to be scheduled for a hearing. Unfortunately, the committee will not meet again this session. House Speaker Kevin Cotter has the ability to discharge the bills from committee and bring them up for a vote on the House floor before the end of lame duck. The bills are now in his hands.

This is our last opportunity to get these bills passed this session, so we need all hands on deck! Here are three simple ways to help:

  1. Sign our Change.org petition. An email will be sent to the Speaker's office for each signature.

  2. Double your impact by also calling the Speaker's office. Ask him to "discharge and schedule SB 1076, SB 1077, and SB 1078 for an immediate vote." His phone number is (517) 373-1789. (Leave a message if nobody picks up)

  3. Share! We need as many emails and calls into the Speakers office as possible. Please forward this email. Use the Change.org share features. Like and Share our Facebook post and Retweet our Twitter graphic.

Thank you so much for helping us fight to have this important legislation scheduled for a vote and sent to the Governor’s desk! We can't do it without you!

John Lindenmayer

LMB Executive Director

PS: LMB's advocacy work would not be possible without your ongoing financial support. Please consider donating to LMB's Annual Campaign as you plan your year-end giving. Thanks to a few geneorus donors, donations made before December 31st will be matched. Thank you!

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子