Fwd: Next Women's Focused Repair Session on November 15th

1 view

Bruce Geffen

Nov 11, 2016, 10:54:10 PM11/11/16
to aatc-...@googlegroups.com, team-...@googlegroups.com, wim-weekly...@googlegroups.com, wb...@googlegroups.com
Please feel free to forward...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jayanthi Reddy <jays...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 7:59 PM
Subject: Next Women's Focused Repair Session on November 15th
To: common-cycle-...@googlegroups.com, commo...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

It snuck up on us, but the next installation of our women's focused repair session is happening this coming Tuesday, November 15th at Outdoor Adventures. A primary goal of these sessions is to provide a supportive space and to build community amongst people of underrepresented genders who are interested in working on/riding bikes. Our topic for the week will be on winter maintenance and riding tips, and chain maintenance (time permitting). Of course, we welcome trans women, non-binary, and gender non-conforming folks to attend. We hope to see you then! More details below:

This session will focus on winter riding and maintenance (and possibly a little more about chain maintenance too), and we'll have plenty of hands on time to work on your bike, as well. Those who feel comfortable with the topic are more than welcome to attend, contribute what you know and help out, and/or work on your own projects in the space as instruction is happening, as well.  We’ll be answering questions such as:

"What types of clothing will help me be comfortable riding in the colder months?"

"What kind of care or maintenance does my bike need in the winter?"

"What types of accessories will make winter riding more comfortable?"

"Do I need to worry about ruining my bike if I ride it in the winter?"

and possibly... "What might be happening if my chain is skipping?"

"How do I know when my chain is worn?"

"How do I remove a worn chain and install a new chain?"

We’ll be meeting at Outdoor Adventures (336 Hill St, Ann Arbor, MI 48104) from 6pm-8pm on Tuesday, November 15th.  The building doesn’t have great signage, but is on the southwest corner of Hill and Division, right next to the Elbel Field. Feel free to RSVP on this Facebook event and share with any friends that might be interested.

Please let us know if you have any suggestions, comments, questions, etc.

Happy riding,

your Common Cycle buddies

--

Jayanthi Reddy