WBWC Meeting Sat 10/3 at 9:30am -- It's time to make Ann Arbor more walkable

Erica

Sep 23, 2015, 10:41:18 PM9/23/15
to washtenaw...@googlegroups.com, wb...@googlegroups.com
It's been almost 2 years since City Council attempted to repeal the Pedestrian Crossing Ordinance (Dec. 2013). We were fortunate that Mayor Hieftje vetoed that repeal and that a Pedestrian Safety and Access Taskforce was created to examine how our community could be made safer and more accessible for pedestrians. After 18 months of work we have a  thoughtful report with some great recommendations. Now we need to see meaningful action taken to make our city safer and more accessible for pedestrians.

Please join us for at least one meeting- hopefully you can commit to more. We're going to meet at Zingerman's Next Door (upstairs/small room hopefully) at 9:30am on Saturday, October 3. We'll be done by 11am.   Please let me know if you will be able to make this meeting.

Thanks so much,
Erica

Please read the report before attending if you haven't already.

Jeff Gaynor

Sep 24, 2015, 6:36:14 AM9/24/15
to wb...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there. - Jeff Gaynor.

Hopefully we'll have some Pedestrian Task Force folk as well.

Stay tuned for news of Clague Middle School's Walk/Bike to School Day on October 7 - celebrating the new sidewalk on Nixon and the Pedestrian Crossing w/RRFB on Green Road, paid for by Clague's Safe Routes to School Grant.

--
Please note that WBWC google groups is an unmoderated forum. It was developed by the Washtenaw Bicycling and Walking Coalition as a tool for bikers and walkers to discuss key issues and share information. However, all views expressed in this group are not the views or values of WBWC. For more information about WBWC, meetings, and projects, please visit www.wbwc.org
---