Sound Wave and Old Movie Effect?

Christopher Herron

Aug 10, 2016, 9:18:46 PM8/10/16
to wax-discuss
Brand new to wax, sorry for the noobishness. I have used after effects in the past to create a few effects I am now trying to duplicate in a free program.

First is an audio soundwave, preferably set in a shape like a circle

The other is creating an old movie effect with scratches, dust and flickering in the screen.

Are these possible and would there perhaps be tutorials online? Unfortunately when I try to google anything on wax all I get is tutorials on how to remove body hair...

Thanks!

Oldthinkertube

Sep 27, 2016, 9:13:44 AM9/27/16
to wax-discuss
If you want your soundwave to move in sync with the video's audio, I don't think you'll find a preloaded effect like that in Wax.  You may have to use a third-party piece of software for that part and simply record it with something like Bandicam or Fraps.  I don't recall ever seeing an "old movie" filter among Wax's preloaded effects either, but it can definitely be done with Wax by layering a green-screen old film footage on top of your raw video, chroma-keying the green out, and then playing around a bit with the top layer's opacity.  If you just google green screen old film you'll get several options to pick from.  That said, the older version of Windows Movie Maker (not the newer one called "Windows Live Movie Maker") has a couple of wonderful preloaded old-film filters that do exactly what you're seeking.  Unless your computer is ancient, you'll have to go download the old version of WMM, which is still available, but you'll just have to sift through the search results to make sure it's not the newer "Live" version in the Essentials package which doesn't have that effect.  :)