wax not recognizing .mov and .mp3 files

Mike

Mar 8, 2009, 8:21:54 AM3/8/09
to wax-discuss
Hi eveyone:)
Does anybody know why wax is not recognizing .mov and .mp3 files?
What can I do to fix this?
Thanks!

safesurfer

Mar 8, 2009, 9:58:34 AM3/8/09
to wax-discuss
I'm not sure I follow you, Wax does not support those formats for
import! You would need to convert the .mov to AVI, and the MP3 to WAV.
The only way you could do it without converting is to use Avisynth,
although I'd still recommend converting the MP3 to WAV.

Fa Poncho

Jun 15, 2013, 12:46:09 PM6/15/13
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
Same problem... mov.. mp4... how to do "easily"?...
using Avisynth? I've already it on my computer... and it doesn't works... (or how to force Wax to use Avisynth for opening mov/mp4 files?.. :s)

Michael Chu

Jun 16, 2013, 12:47:09 PM6/16/13
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
To use AviSynth, you'll need to grab some plugins.

For loading .mov files, use the "QTInput" function. For loading mp4, use the "FFmpegSource2" function - each one is provided by different plugins, I don't remember the names of the plugins, but a Google search well find them quickly.

Example commands:

Mov:
QTInput("my file.mov", audio=true)

Mp4:
FFmpegSource2("my file.mp4", atrack=-1)

Aonwa

Jun 17, 2013, 2:53:09 AM6/17/13
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
In fact... Searching on google didn't helped me at all (searching on youtube seems more pertinent..), and that's why I asked here. I didn't found any plugin for wax that use codecs to make WAX opening mov/mp4/mp3/etc. (and in fact, I didn't found any plugin list).

So, we really must convert the video to AVI before open in wax.
And... hmm... Probably AviSynth may do it, but in fact, the AviSynth wiki is complicated, and the only executable in the AviSynth folder is the uninstall hahaha... I feel traped hahaha

Michael Chu

Jun 17, 2013, 10:03:55 PM6/17/13
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com, aon...@gmail.com
AviSynth can be tough to start using, it's very true.

I did some searching in my bookmarks and found the plugin for the QTInput function:
You will find it listed on this page as "Quicktime Import" - click the "qtsource_25_dll_20060109" link to download, and extract into the AviSynth "plugins" folder.

The FFMpegSource2 function can be downloaded from here:  https://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/
It's a pretty safe bet that the "ffms-2.17.7z" download is what you want.  Again, extract into the "plugins" folder.

I must say, I haven't actually used Wax for some time now.  I tried just now to use AviSynth to load up an MP4, and it did not work for me - it used to work fine back when I was on WinXP, but now I am running Windows 7.  It may be better after all to convert to a format that's known to work, instead of wrestling with AviSynth only for it to fail on you.

tamk...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2013, 12:55:59 PM6/22/13
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
You can always convert the video into a .avi file using Any Video Converter. It's free, reliable, and useful. However, I recommend converting your videos using the Xvid .avi codec; otherwise (at least on my machine) the video may not animate.

David 1224365

Jun 24, 2013, 3:44:06 AM6/24/13
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
I am having problems getting it to work with AVI's I have tried 4 different converters now and it has problems with all of them. One wax would not recognize and the others it will bring into the media bin in a video track and an audio track but both are blank. As in they will run and has file size but black screen on video an no sound on audio.
The converters I have tried are, You tube downloader/convert, FVD, Xvid, and Freemake as it was recommended on another post here. Any Ideas?? Are there any custom setting I should be adjusting?

coolshows101

Jun 27, 2013, 7:21:21 PM6/27/13
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
I use Any video converter. Next you need to install the right codec packs.  I would try this one http://www.codecguide.com/about_kl.htm If that doesn't work try others.

David Weaver

Jun 29, 2013, 5:11:07 AM6/29/13
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Coolshows101. Actually I think it may be a codec pack I installed that may be causing the problem. The only thing that has changed since the first time I was playing with wax and now is that I installed a new codec pack from MS for win media player. It seemed to work before and doesn't now. Well it did work before, until it crashed. I'll give that a try though because I don't really want to uninstall the ones I have now so as long as I don't end up with a conflict it should be ok.
Thanks again.