Wax 2.0 Error

cooldude234

Sep 3, 2010, 3:45:52 AM9/3/10
to wax-discuss
Hello,I am getting into being a (hopefully) big time wax user.I just
got my new camera so know I can start filming again, and with school
coming, wax will become an essential software to me.
My problem is, and I am hoping you can help me fix it, is every time I
click render it says...

Closing all open plugin windows...DoneCreating file C:\Documents and
Settings\Robert.COOLDUDE234\My Documents\My Videos\video22
Unable to create file!** Some compressors require the video frame size
to be a multiple of 4.** Try changing your output frame width and
height to multiple of 4 pixels and render.
Rendering over.

I get this after the second try at rendering. I install wax 2.0 and go
and render my video and its fine, I dont change a single setting, I
render it again (not writing over previous file, cause I moved it) and
it gives this error.I have only got it to work on the first try, using
only the Uncompressed RGBIt wont work on any other setting or Codec.

I really like the features in Wax 2.0 and hope to continue using this
software, but if I cant get it to render, then it may as well be
useless to me.So I really hope that you can help solve this issue.
Thankyou.

Kenn Klick

Sep 9, 2010, 9:16:50 PM9/9/10
to wax-discuss
I'm getting the same error trying to edit together avi playblasts from
MAYA that are the right size and everything but won't render. I am
running this on an XP Pro 64-bit box. Is there any help for this
situation?

Kenn Klick

Sep 9, 2010, 9:21:05 PM9/9/10
to wax-discuss
Well what do you know...I found the problem...rename the file or
change the directory so it doesn't match one of the source avi files.
At least I think that's it...It's working now.

cooldude234

Sep 10, 2010, 1:47:05 AM9/10/10
to wax-discuss
I think this might have solved it, I changed the name constantly, but
only changed the directory once or twice, but I had some wonky
settings at the time, which may have been the cause of it then.
But anyways, now its working its wonders, thankyou so much!
I shall use wax at home, and my comtech teacher, now got after affects
on her computer and shes allowing me to use it on her computer (plus
hers is the only one that can render high quality)
Thank you again!

cooldude234

Sep 10, 2010, 1:56:57 AM9/10/10
to wax-discuss
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!
I GOT IT!!!
It has nothing to do with the directory it's self, its all in the name
when you save it.
It seems Wax doesn't automatically assign it to a avi format, so you
when you type in the name to save it, you must add in the format at
the end.
So my name is,
ExplosionCar
So I would type it out and hit save it as
ExplosionCar.avi

And wala it works!!!
Makes me soo much happier I don't have to re download wax each time or
keep it at its settings.

Though I never typed out the avi part until now, so I am assuming it
automatically applies the avi part only sometimes, but its best just
to add it in your self every time.

서병기

Nov 1, 2013, 5:30:32 AM11/1/13
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com, robert...@hotmail.com, seoby...@naver.com
cooldude234 is right. i got same error and solved. thanks

coolshows101

Nov 1, 2013, 3:12:39 PM11/1/13
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com, robert...@hotmail.com
That's right. Experienced wax users, (I seem to be the only one that gets on here anymore and I'm only intermediate) know about this. Good job for figuring it out. This should help you learn more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6m-iVGMWlI

TheGamesNL - Bijna elke dag een nieuwe video!

Feb 23, 2015, 9:47:52 AM2/23/15
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com, robert...@hotmail.com
dude THX MAN! i was rendering an intro and i was getting the same error. you helped me out!

Darien Montoya

Mar 27, 2017, 11:06:27 AM3/27/17
to wax-discuss, robert...@hotmail.com
Thank you so much!!
You're completly right.
It's necesary to write ".avi" at the name file only.

coolshows101

Mar 27, 2017, 1:51:14 PM3/27/17
to wax-discuss
Yes. Also, if you have a 64 bit operating system I think it has to be win 7 and up, you should look into Blackmagic Fusion. It's free and is literally Hollywood's secret weapon.

Tom Cap

Apr 12, 2017, 8:11:26 PM4/12/17
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Fusion for graphics and Davinci for editing video. Both free at https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/