Can Wax make magic spell special effects?

dave pesetsky

Feb 16, 2014, 11:29:25 AM2/16/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We're looking to overlay "magic spells' onto video, like this:

How can you do this in Wax?

Thanks for helping,
Dave

coolshows101

Feb 26, 2014, 12:57:29 AM2/26/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
Wax can do this. It's sad it's missing new stuff like motion tracking, but it is free. You should try green screen effects first. I will post when I find another better way.

coolshows101

Feb 26, 2014, 3:43:20 PM2/26/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com

david pesetsky

Feb 26, 2014, 7:39:50 PM2/26/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com

How do u do green screen effects in Wax?

david pesetsky

Feb 26, 2014, 8:19:26 PM2/26/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com

Awesome! I was playing with particles instead, which don’t go off the screen, but I didn’t know you could morph these other effects like that. I think by playing a bit more, we’ll get what my daughter’s looking for.

Then you have to make awesome web shows with us ;)

Feb 27, 2014, 9:37:42 PM2/27/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
I've got my own shows to make. I'm working on one right now. I will help if I can. Check this for my best stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbRG6fbnSLVfK7_9WJmC7E9K6BB_3fV4B

coolshows101

Feb 27, 2014, 9:39:48 PM2/27/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
What "other" particles were you playing with?

david pesetsky

Feb 28, 2014, 7:56:37 PM2/28/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com

Nice work. It all starts with imagination, which you have.

david pesetsky

Feb 28, 2014, 7:58:51 PM2/28/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com

Just the preset one from the sample you get with Wax installation, particles.wxp. At the end of that is similar to what I was shooting for…

Feb 28, 2014, 8:32:51 PM2/28/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
I don't have that. Where did you find it?

coolshows101

Mar 1, 2014, 12:06:36 AM3/1/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
One more thing, I'd love to see a test video. :)

david pesetsky

Mar 1, 2014, 7:15:49 AM3/1/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com

It came with the Wax install.

I’ll try to attach to this email.

Mar 2, 2014, 12:48:50 AM3/2/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
I reinstalled wax and didn't find it still. Where did you download wax from? There are also some files it can't find that I would like yo to post:
rain.png
spark.png
cloud.png
empty.png
metero.png
dot.png

Thanks. I also found out that blender does motion tracking. If It can do some other key features I might switch and advise you to do the same. It's a very complex program and I would rather get motion tracking in wax. If you find anything let me know.

david pesetsky

Mar 2, 2014, 9:45:20 AM3/2/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com

I think I found it on CNET. But here is the zip of the samples subfolder.

I reinstalled wax and didn't find it still. Where did you download wax from? There are also some files it can't find that I would like yo to post:

--

Samples.zip

coolshows101

Mar 11, 2014, 10:09:49 AM3/11/14
to wax-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Did you get the particles I showed you to not go off the screen? If not then try using the fireworks in the particles sample.