Fwd: WSAJ Civil Rights Deskbook + 4 CLE credits

Conrad Reynoldson

Oct 31, 2017, 2:21:37 PM10/31/17
to WashingtonAttorneyswith...@googlegroups.com

Greetings all:

I wanted to make you aware of our Civil Rights CLE coming up on November 16th.  Please feel free to share with those in your association that are practicing plaintiff attorneys.  If they are interested in membership in WSAJ, they can contact me directly.  I am happy to answer any questions.  Thank you. –Sara Crumb

Cutting Edge Civil Rights Issues:
Police Misconduct, Homeless' Rights, and Prisoners' Rights
Civil Rights CLE with Updated Deskbook

Chairpersons:  Jay Krulewitch & Ada Wong
Deskbook Editor: Nathan Roberts

November 16, 2017
4.0 Law & Legal Credits
Motif Hotel, Seattle

Online Registration

11:50-12:00    Welcome and Opening (Boxed lunch available before seminar)
                       Chairpersons: Jay Krulewitch, Seattle Attorney and Ada Wong, Mountlake Terrace Attorney
12:00-1:00
 Judicial Panel Discussion: Tips from the Bench
                       Judge Stephanie Arend, Pierce Co. Superior Court and Senior Judge John C. Coughenour, U.S. District, and Justice Faith Ireland (Ret.)
1:00-1:15
Case Selection & Investigation
                       Jay Krulewitch, Seattle Attorney
1:15-1:30        Break
1:30-2:00
Investigation & Discovery in Police Shooting Cases:
                       Lessons Learned from Thomas v. City of Lakewood, et. Al.

                       Tiffany Cartwright, Seattle Attorney
2:00-2:25
Qualified Immunity on Summary Judgement
                       Darryl Parker, Seattle Attorney
2:25-2:50
The Government Cannot Steal from You Even if You Are Homeless
                       Peter Fels, Vancouver Attorney and Moloy Good, Vancouver Attorney
2:50-3:15
How to Prove Compensatory and Punitive Damages in a Police Misconduct Case
                       Mary Anderson, Bothell Attorney
3:15-3:30        Break
3:30-3:50
When is Denial of Medical Care a Constitutional Violation?
                       Nathan Roberts, Tacoma Attorney
3:50-4:15
 Jail Death Litigation: Overview, Issues and Pitfalls
                       Ed Budge, Seattle Attorney
4:15-4:30
Q & A

Please join us afterwards for our Diversity Happy Hour at Frolik at the Motif sponsored by Ringler Associates.

REGISTER NOW

WSAJ Civil Rights Deskbook – Included in your tuition
Table of Contents
Chapter I          Public Accommodation
Chapter II         Fair Housing
Chapter III        Overview of Employment Discrimination
Chapter IV        Educational Rights of Children with Disabilities
Chapter V         Prisoners’ Rights
Chapter VI        Freedom of Speech, Petition, Assembly, Association, Religion, and Anti-Establishment of Religion
Chapter VII       Police Misconduct|
Chapter VIII      The Right to Know: Washington’s Public Records Act and Federal Freedom of Information Act
Chapter IX        Civil Rights Immunities
Chapter X         Attorney Fees and Costs
Chapter XI        Interplay Between § 1983 and Americans with Disabilities Act
NEW CHAPTER!

REGISTER NOW

Upcoming Events

December 8th • WA State Convention Center, Seattle

Fighting for Justice in a Divided World: Ordinary Heroes in Trial

December 8th • Fairmont Olympic Hotel, Seattle

2017 Annual Holly Ball – It’s A Wonderful Night!

Reserve your room with our special rate today!

Sara Crumb

Member Services Director

206.464.1011

sa...@washingtonjustice.org
www.washingtonjustice.org

wsaj-sig-logo

--
Conrad Reynoldson, Attorney at Law
Washington Civil & Disability Advocate

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy, forward, or disseminate this communication. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, attorney/client privileged, attorney work product, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by phone or by return e-mail, and destroy all copies of this message, electronic, paper, or otherwise.

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.