King County Chief Legal Counsel

Nightingale, Noel

Aug 23, 2017, 11:38:49 AM8/23/17
to Washington Attorneys with Disabilities Association (WashingtonAttorneyswithDisabilitiesAssociation@googlegroups.com)

Sent: Monday, August 21, 2017 12:48 AM
Subject: Chief Legal Counsel

08/17/2017 12:48 PM PDT

The Metropolitan King County Council is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic attorney with a passion for Public Policy, Leadership and Professionalism to join our team. The Chief Legal Counsel serves as a legal advisor to the Council and staff on a variety of matters dealing with public policy, legislation, and Council actions. The ideal candidate will be adept at municipal law, and the powers and duties of public officials and agencies.

The Chief Legal Counsel is a senior level professional position and supervises the work of the Senior Deputy Legal Counsel. This position operates with considerable latitude in providing legal advice and proposed solutions for consideration by decision makers to support the Council in fulfilling its mission.

The most competitive candidates will have an in-depth knowledge of County government and the theories and practices of civil and administrative law as they relate to local government. This is an exciting opportunity to join the King County Council staff and help provide excellent regional services to county residents. The position requires effective collaboration with Councilmembers, staff, the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney, the County Executive and departments, other units of governments, and members of the public.

King County Council is committed to upholding and promoting equal opportunity in employment. The Council encourages people of all backgrounds, cultures and religions to apply, including veterans, people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities. We value diversity and strive to hire a workforce that reflects the community that we serve. We believe a diverse workforce is a strong workforce.

MEET THE METROPOLITAN KING COUNTY COUNCIL: Named after one of our nation's greatest civil rights leader, King County remains one of the best places in the United States to live, work, and play. Take a look at the King County Council's message to county residents and outline for the legislative branch:  http://kingcounty.gov/council.aspx .

Image removed by sender. King County logo

Image removed by sender. Bookmark and Share

Update your preferences or unsubscribe. If you have questions about this service, you may contact us directly or search FAQs here. View King County's privacy policy.

Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

.

Image removed by sender.