[job] 5-6 PHP Openings- (Leidos, College Board, Strayer University, FINRA, The Chronicle)

Kevin Roman

Mar 31, 2016, 12:06:07 PM3/31/16
to Washington, DC PHP Developers Group
Good afternoon!

I am currently supporting 5-6 openings with our clients in the Northern Virginia, D.C. and Montgomery County areas. Please see the details below for top skills needed for the roles and information on my company!

  • FINRA- Located in Rockville, MD and a contract to hire role.
    • 1. At least 3 years of experience with LAMP stack technologies development - Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP
      2. At least one previous project with Drupal
      3) At least one previous project with Cloud based technologies- preferably AWS

  • The Chronicle- There are 2 full time roles supporting a Jr. and Mid level developers within the LAMP Stack. Located in Washington, DC.

  • Strayer- This is a Full time role located in Herndon, VA.
    • 1. Experience with PHP Webservices
      2. Experience with custom Drupal module development
      3. Experience with working in a LAMP environment. While this won't involve server-side work, this person will need to have familiarity with Linux.
      The perfect candidate will have started as a PHP developer and will have moved into Drupal development with PHP

  • College Board- Long term contract  located in Reston, VA.
    • ** Candidates who fit in well here will be coming from Enterprise environments (Government is OK), not start-ups**
      1) PHP - Solid PHP development skills, not looking for someone that is only willing to use PHP, but someone that is "Drupal" first and PHP second. Most of the migration work will be Back-end focused. A solid PHP developer can learn the Drupal aspect.
      2) Drupal - 2-4 years of Enterprise Drupal development experience, UI centric. 4-5 years of overall web development experience. Currently running on versions 6 and 7. Migration experience is a huge plus.
      3) UI tools - JavaScript, HTML, CSS
      .***UI skills we be assessed by a College Board online assessment

  • Leidos- Contract to hire or Contract located in Bethesda/Rockville, MD. (FYI .NET or SharePoint experience is not a must)
    • 1. 2+ years of Drupal development experience
      - experience in content management systems based on Drupal
      -Will be responsible for all aspects of designing and developing software
      -Must be comfortable with requirements analysis, application design, construction, testing, implementation and support
      2. Software development experience utilizing .NET
      3. SharePoint 2010/2013 experience is highly desired.
      - Experience using Visual Studio 2010+ to create custom SharePoint solutions
      4. Experience working on a smaller team
      -will be working with 12 people, so coming from a large environment may not be conducive.
      -willing to work within a relatively unstructured environment meaning.

To learn more about these roles please reach out to me at 301-755-1253 or email me at ker...@teksystems.com

TEKsystems® is the nation’s leading technology staffing and services company. Combining a proven track record of superior performance, a quality-focused approach to service delivery, and the highest-caliber technical professionals in the market, TEKsystems helps our clients successfully plan, build, and run their critical technology initiatives.

With more than 25 years of experience, we annually deploy 70,000 technical professionals from 90 locations throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Our capabilities include IT and communications staff augmentation and direct placement services; managed, project-based, and outsourced applications and infrastructure services; education services; and comprehensive workforce management solutions.

As a technical recruiter, it is my goal to network with top IT talent in the DC Metropolitan area. In addition, I actively support a variety of clients both in the federal/private sector as well as commercial organizations in need of attracting and retaining Technical Professionals in the areas of applications, infrastructure, and telecommunications.

Ultimately, I seek to understand the career goals of Technical Professionals, and align them with the IT needs of the organizations and clients that I support.

Thank you!

Kevin