October Monthly Meeting | Wednesday, October 12, 2016 @6:30PM | The State of the PHP Community with Eli White

Andrew Cassell

Sep 30, 2016, 12:24:21 PM9/30/16
to Washington, DC PHP Developers Group
Please RSVP for this event and find more Information on meetup: https://www.meetup.com/DC-PHP/events/233877290/

See you all there!

Talk Description
PHP is sitting at an all time high for usage, with it running over 80% of the world’s websites. But how healthy is the PHP Community? In this talk we will examine the good and the bad of the PHP community and talk through some of the pain points that we may have experienced. But we’ll leave understanding the power of the community when it works together and understand why (and how) you should be helping to grow the community circle larger.

Presented By
Eli White (@EliW), Vice President, One For All Events
Eli has been building Web Applications for 20 years and fell in love with PHP the day that PHP 4 was released. Since then he's been a strong advocate for PHP and used it in every project he's worked on. He is currently the Vice President of One for All Events LLC, Conference Chair for php[architect] events, and Conference Chair for php[world] (https://world.phparch.com/) the annual PHP community conference in Tysons Corner, Virginia. He is a strong advocate for "Just getting it done" when it comes to coding, and speaks at numerous conferences each year.

Date
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
6:30 PM

Location