[job] Senior & Junio PHP Application Developer

Nicholle Chloé Colón Vargas

Mar 31, 2016, 12:06:07 PM3/31/16
to Washington, DC PHP Developers Group

Dear all,

Hope all is well. We currently have two PHP Developer positions open within our organization. A Junior & a Senior Developer.  I've embedded the job description for the Senior PHP Application Developer below. Please feel free to share with any colleagues that might be looking for employment opportunities. Any questions, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Many thanks. Greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Nicholle

---

FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior PHP Application Developer

Job Summary / Responsibilities:
  • Develop modules and extensions for an existing PHP system.
  • Customize, configure, and administrate the PHP system and associated third party modules
  • Customize the interface
  • Create reports, online forms, and email campaigns using built-in modules or third-party modules
  • Troubleshoot and resolve problems reported by users
  • Work with users to test new features
  • Create and maintain documentation for code and configuration
  • Contribute to the discovery and implementation of future solutions to project information and data needs
Qualifications:
  • Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Related Field.
  • 5 years of PHP 5 development experience
  • Strong knowledge and experience in PHP 5 application development as well as familiarity with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and the LAMP stack.
  • Understanding of web protocols and standards such as SOAP, JSON, HTTP(S) etc.
  • Experience managing source code using revision control systems. Git is preferred.
  • Should be comfortable working in Linux command line
  • Knowledge of coding best practices and design patterns.
  • Experience exporting and importing data sets into/from web-based data platforms
  • Experience with Symfony framework is highly desired
  • Prior SugarCRM/SuiteCRM experience is highly desired
  • Experience developing MACROS in MS Excel is desired
  • 5 year or more of PHP Development experience
  • Proficiency in HTML/CSS is required
  • Working knowledge of PHP, MYSQL, JavaScript, JQuery
  • Experience in Bootstrap and/or other responsive frameworks
  • Drupal development is a plus

This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.

We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.

FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.