Hackathon in Frederick, MD

Eli White

Aug 29, 2016, 9:36:36 AM8/29/16
to Washington, DC PHP Developers Group
Hey everyone!  I wanted to let you know about a Hackathon we are running up in the Frederick neck-of-the-woods.  In case any of the DC peeps want to come join us ...

That's right.  The group leaders from Frederick WebTech, Python Frederick, KeyLUG, the Frederick Startup Community, and the Frederick AWS Meetup have all gotten together to plan an organized hackathon.

This event will take place on October 8th at Hood College.  We will have two separate tracks working on similar projects.  We have a technology evangelist coming into town from Nexmo, an SMS-via-API provider.  And using their API, we will be building apps using publicly available weather APIs, tying it together with the SMS API, to come up with neat little apps.  (Get a text message if it's about to rain?)

One track will be for advanced programmers who just want the API docs and to sit around and code for the day.  The other will be for beginning programmers who want to learn.  We'll have the advanced coders sit down and help people through the process of getting started, and show them how to hook up the two APIs and end up with an application that works by the end of the day!

Nexmo will be providing pizza for lunch, and the whole event only costs $5 to join.

More details & registration are available at https://www.hackfrederick.com

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Eli