Fwd: CounterPoint - Where Everyone Counts

Krista Nordback

Sep 22, 2014, 10:48:08 PM9/22/14
to walk-bi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All!  Has anyone tried this app?
It sounds good, but I'd love to hear anyone's experiences with it.

Krista Nordback, Ph.D., P.E.
Research Associate
Oregon Transportation Research and Education Consortium (OTREC)
Portland State University
office:  503-725-2897

Sep 23, 2014, 12:10:12 AM9/23/14
to Krista Nordback, walk-bi...@googlegroups.com
Was mentioned on these threads over the summer. Tried it and sent in feedback. Going to try it out live soon.

Michael Holloway
Cycle Toronto Ward Advocacy Group
Leslieville

Frank Proulx

Sep 23, 2014, 12:26:28 AM9/23/14
to walk-bi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Krista,

Interesting. Have not tried it (although I'll download it to play with).

We use TurnCount, which lacks the crowdsourcing aspect, but is formulated for multimodal (bike/ped/car/truck) intersection counts. The user interface is pretty good, although it's a bit much to manage if you have very high volumes.

Frank

Greg Griffin, AICP

Sep 23, 2014, 11:43:30 PM9/23/14
to walk-bi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I've used it for a couple of test multimodal counts with success, and have continued to help test new features. If you have the app, you'll see a couple of counts in Austin; both (coincidentally?) from excellent bakery/coffee shops. It's very easy to use, as it's oriented towards everyday folks, and produces a nice Excel spreadsheet to download for professional use too. Crowdsourcing, including access to others' counts, to me is a major bonus. It does not have full TMAS-importable Traffic Monitoring Guide attributes yet ;-)

Greg Griffin, AICP

Associate Transportation Researcher
Texas A&M Transportation Institute

505 E Huntland Dr, Suite 455