Update on the Online Non-motorized Traffic Count Archive Project

Krista Nordback

Nov 10, 2014, 10:24:09 PM11/10/14
to bike-walk-count...@googlegroups.com, David Patton, Greg Lindsey, herbi...@luskin.ucla.edu, Jacobsen - CDOT, Betsy, Jean-Francois Rheault, Mark Hallenbeck, Palmerlee, Thomas, Peter Koonce, Scott Brady, Alexander Hyde- Wright, Steven Jessberger, Tracy Hadden Loh, Hadzic, Jasna (DOT), Austin, Lisa (DOT), walk-bi...@googlegroups.com, Kristin Tufte
Dear Friends of Bicycle and Pedestrian Counting,

Some of you have expressed interest in knowing the progress we're making on creating a national archive for bicycle and pedestrian count data. For those interested, attached is the latest packet of information that we sent to our advisory committee which includes our basic schema for the database which focuses on data from automated counters.

In short, we're making progress: we've settled on a basic schema for the database and we're working on the user interface to allow any agency to input data. We plan to complete the project a year from now.

Our motto for this first phase of the project is "keep it simple." We see this as the first phase of many, with each additional phase of work adding features to the basic archive we are creating now.

For those of you coming to the Transportation Research Board (TRB) Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. in January, we'll be presenting our progress at Session 762: Bicycle and Pedestrian Data Collection Methods, Technologies, Accuracy and Warehousing
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:00AM - 9:45AM  Convention Center, 151A
    "Creating a National Non-motorized Traffic Count Archive: Process and Progress"

Thanks for your interest in the project. I'm happy to answer any questions or get your feedback.
-Krista

Krista Nordback, Ph.D., P.E.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Transportation Research and Education Center (TREC)
Portland State University
office:  503-725-2897
TACpacket_Nov2014.pdf