Vermont AOT -- Bike Peds Counts

james....@state.vt.us

Sep 11, 2014, 11:02:01 AM9/11/14
to walk-bi...@googlegroups.com
I'm Jim Sumner from Vermont Agency of Transportation. We are building a Bike Ped Data Program and we have just finished our third Year. We have conducted around 1000 counts over the three summers. We have done our counts manual doing Peds, Bike with Helmets and Bikes No Helmets. We use the Jamar count board and the petra program to store the data. To date we have modeled the methedolgy of the Turning Movement programs. It has worked real well,, we used college students hired as summer temps to complete the mission. We want to join the discussion and share info and techniques etc.   We need to share our knowledge.. jim