Latest processes on cleaning NMT counts?

Frank Proulx

Sep 26, 2016, 7:42:58 PM9/26/16
to walk-bi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Walk/Bike count brain-trust,

Does anybody have any recent research or guidance on cleaning permanent automated bike/ped count data? I'm aware of Turner & Lasley's TRR paper from a few years ago; just wanted to see if anybody else has done anything on this front.

Thanks!
--
Alta Planning + Design
Frank Proulx, PhD | Senior Planner/Researcher

Krista Nordback

Sep 26, 2016, 8:37:59 PM9/26/16
to walk-bi...@googlegroups.com
I tried attaching a PDF of the presentation from ProWalk/ProBike/ProPlace, but it was too big for google groups. If anyone wants a copy let me know.
Here's the presentation that we (Winston Chou, Jean-Francois Rheault, Sean Turner, and me) did at ProWalk/ProBike/ProPlace in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago. Slides 41 and 42 have a summary table of QC tests. This summary table is published in a FHWA's recent Ped Monitoring report that Sirisha and I worked on last year.

Nordback, K., S. Kothuri, et al. (2016). Exploring Pedestrian Counting Procedures. Washington, D.C., Federal Highway Administration.

It's great to see so many jurisdictions developing QC checks.
-Krista

Krista Nordback, PhD, PE
cell:  303-543-0211

--