WAL-E Debian package

Norbert Tretkowski

Nov 28, 2016, 1:17:08 PM11/28/16
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just created a Debian package of WAL-E, which I'm going to upload to
Debian within the next days.

Are you interested in having the debian/ subdirectory in the Git repo?

Regards
Norbert

signature.asc

Daniel Farina

Nov 28, 2016, 3:01:46 PM11/28/16
to nor...@tretkowski.de, wa...@googlegroups.com
Would that make it easier for you, or any of your collaborators, to work on? If it saves work, I do not object to expending a few bytes for the convenience.

On the hand, I suppose I'll have to update my release processes, or something? What do you think about those ramifications, if any?

Norbert Tretkowski

Dec 3, 2016, 6:01:08 AM12/3/16
to null
Hi Daniel,

Am 28.11.2016 um 21:01 schrieb Daniel Farina:
> Norbert Tretkowski <nor...@tretkowski.de> wrote:
>> I just created a Debian package of WAL-E, which I'm going to upload to
>> Debian within the next days.
>>
>> Are you interested in having the debian/ subdirectory in the Git repo?
>
> Would that make it easier for you, or any of your collaborators, to work
> on? If it saves work, I do not object to expending a few bytes for the
> convenience.
>
> On the hand, I suppose I'll have to update my release processes, or
> something? What do you think about those ramifications, if any?

OK, I think you're right, it doesn't make much sense to have the debian/
directory in the official Git repo.

I'll keep it in a separate repo.

Regards
Norbert

signature.asc

Daniel Farina

Dec 3, 2016, 2:20:05 PM12/3/16
to nor...@tretkowski.de, null
Okay, let me know if you change your mind as you get into it. Thank you for doing this, regardless of how :)