Packaging wal-e with all deps

Max Wendel

Nov 3, 2014, 4:21:05 PM11/3/14
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Just finished evaluating wal-e for production use in our company.
Great tool, seems to be just what we needed... :)

I just have a quick question.
Is there a way to package it up for quick deployment?
Like a simple tar with all python deps?

Trying to avoid a pip install as I had lots of errors with that on 2 trial installs...
A simple standalone tarball would make things a lot easier...

Thanks!

Max

Daniel Farina

Nov 3, 2014, 4:30:42 PM11/3/14
to m...@profilercorp.com, wal-e
Are you using only S3?

Daniel Farina

Nov 3, 2014, 4:45:17 PM11/3/14
to Max Wendel, wal-e
On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Max Wendel <m...@profilercorp.com> wrote:
> Yes, S3 only, from Debian...

I have a package. I rely on packaged botos and gevents and nixed out
the openstack and azure dependencies. As it turns out, to date, this
seems to work. It's sort of a secret feature.

Here's someone who packaged for ubuntu and made his work available:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/wal-e/sdNfseDwTq8