Unable to get full restoration from the backup

Sayantan Bagchi

Feb 4, 2016, 10:29:19 AM2/4/16
to wa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have configured my postgres database exactly same way stated in the below link
https://gist.github.com/elithrar/8682235
Now the I am trying to get the full restoration after deleting the whole database, it is not creating my old tables. Also I have postgis extension added to previous database which is also not coming into the new one. there is no error also shown in the log.
I have also remove postgres from my server and reinstalled. But not getting back my old database from s3. I am not getting any clue of what getting wrong here. Can you please help me. Also tell me where is the default location to get wal-e log for linux server.
Thanks

Regards
Sayantan Bagchi
Software Engineer
  +1-415-261-6050 Ext 1032
sayantan@chikpea.com
 Follow us:

Daniel Farina

Feb 4, 2016, 12:13:22 PM2/4/16
to saya...@chikpea.com, wal-e
On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 7:29 AM, Sayantan Bagchi <saya...@chikpea.com> wrote:
Hi,
I have configured my postgres database exactly same way stated in the below link
https://gist.github.com/elithrar/8682235
Now the I am trying to get the full restoration after deleting the whole database, it is not creating my old tables. Also I have postgis extension added to previous database which is also not coming into the new one. there is no error also shown in the log.
I have also remove postgres from my server and reinstalled. But not getting back my old database from s3. I am not getting any clue of what getting wrong here. Can you please help me. Also tell me where is the default location to get wal-e log for linux server.
Thanks

Hi,

WAL-E logs to stdout and syslog.

Are you replaying the database past the deletion of your tables? You may need to set a recovery_target in Postgres's recovery.conf.