Wall-E connection parameters?

ginsul

Dec 18, 2017, 1:43:19 PM12/18/17
to wal-e
Hi,

This might be an obvious thing to ask but I could not find the answer: how do I pass Postgres connection parameters to wall-e?
E.g.
wal-e -h <pg_host> -p <pg_port>
or
wal-e -socket_f <pg_socket_file>

My Postgres' socket file resides in /tmp/ instead of the standard location in /var/run/postgresq. I can't change the location of the file.
Neither I can use PGPASSWORD environment variable because at times I have to switch between multiple PG users with different passwords. Re-setting the env variable is not an option.

I believe the .pgpass file is picked up, but without being able to specify the connection parameters wal-e will not know which password to use.

Thanks,
Gin

DHAVAL JAISWAL

Dec 27, 2017, 7:23:14 AM12/27/17
to wal-e

You can try to put values in .bash_profile or any file and then get it export.

# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions

if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then

. ~/.bashrc

fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin

#export PATH

PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/bin:$PATH

export PATH