When should I release v1.1 with new google driver?

Daniel Farina

Feb 1, 2017, 6:29:26 PM2/1/17
to wal-e, Samuel Kohonen
v1.1 (development version) is minor for most situations, but does modernize the choice of google driver (thanks Samuel). It may or may not have an effect on this bug: https://github.com/wal-e/wal-e/issues/307

Does anyone have patches they wish to get reviewed and batched with this release?

Can anyone evaluate the urgency of this release?

Thanks,
Daniel

Samuel Kohonen

Feb 2, 2017, 5:41:31 AM2/2/17
to dan...@fdr.io, wal-e, Samuel Kohonen

(Don't let the private email address confuse you.)

From my point of view I see no urgency with the release just for updated google drivers. Unless we can confirm that it actually fixes the issue linked. I've been using the older driver just fine myself.

I guess the fix for the postgres 9.6 directory structure could be considered reason enough to push for a release?

Cheers,
Samuel

psyc...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2017, 12:28:15 PM2/16/17
to wal-e, deve...@spotify.com
Well, if it would allow to get around my pg_log's being to large, that's a pretty good reason in my mind.