How can I use WAL-E to keep a continuous backup of my heroku postgresql DB?

瀏覽次數:79 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

bidu...@gmail.com

未讀,
2016年3月28日 下午2:16:472016/3/28
收件者:wal-e
Hi,

Reading the documentation I see wal-e must be installed on the same machine as the DB resides. However, I wan't to keep my Postgresql instance under heroku backed up. Is that possivle achieving this using WAL-E?

Best,
Pedro.

Daniel Farina

未讀,
2016年3月28日 下午2:43:082016/3/28
收件者:bidu...@gmail.com、wal-e
On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 11:17 AM <bidu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Reading the documentation I see wal-e must be installed on the same machine as the DB resides. However, I wan't to keep my Postgresql instance under heroku backed up. Is that possivle achieving this using WAL-E?

Heroku uses WAL-E. I wrote the original versions to Heroku's purposes.

Pedro

未讀,
2016年3月28日 下午2:53:242016/3/28
收件者:Daniel Farina、wal-e
Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for the fast response.

Ok, I know it uses WAL-E, but as far as I could realize it uses WAL-E for internal operations, like create a fork or keep a follower sync, I'd like to route the archiving to my AWS S3 bucket. Is that possible?

Best,
Pedro.

Daniel Farina

未讀,
2016年3月28日 下午3:16:452016/3/28
收件者:Pedro、wal-e
On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 11:53 AM Pedro <bidu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for the fast response.

Ok, I know it uses WAL-E, but as far as I could realize it uses WAL-E for internal operations, like create a fork or keep a follower sync, I'd like to route the archiving to my AWS S3 bucket. Is that possible?

Well, I don't work there anymore, you'd have to ask them. Generally the answer is no, for several reasons.

Pedro

未讀,
2016年3月28日 下午3:19:572016/3/28
收件者:Daniel Farina、wal-e
Already did it, waiting for them to reply.

Snehal Sandran

未讀,
2021年7月19日 下午2:17:542021/7/19
收件者:wal-e
Hi Pedro,

did you able to find any solution?

Christophe Pettus

未讀,
2021年7月19日 下午2:19:232021/7/19
收件者:snehal....@searce.com、wal-e

> On Jul 19, 2021, at 11:17, Snehal Sandran <snehal....@searce.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Pedro,
>
> did you able to find any solution?

Although I wouldn't claim to speak for Heroku, Heroku generally does not allow you the level of access required to run your own separate WAL archiving solution in addition to theirs.

Snehal Sandran

未讀,
2021年7月19日 下午3:09:592021/7/19
收件者:Christophe Pettus、wal-e
Ok, thanks.

Snehal Sandran

未讀,
2021年7月21日 凌晨3:02:012021/7/21
收件者:wal-e
Hi,

Please check this link:
It has given an example to migrate the Heroku Postgres to AWS Aurora.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息