Permissions on All User Cards

Peter Kindfield

Nov 6, 2014, 4:24:49 PM11/6/14
to wagn...@googlegroups.com
Hey Y’all,

Like I mentioned a bit ago… I’ve been away from wagn for a bit and am trying to make a come-back.

I’m trying to work with the rules interface via the advanced menu…

What I’d like to do is make so that only a user can edit their own user card.

I think that means limiting editing of most +cards associated with any cards of type user to read only with only the user themselves being able to edit.

How?

Thanks much and much love,

—Peter

Ethan McCutchen

Nov 7, 2014, 12:48:17 PM11/7/14
to wagn...@googlegroups.com
For any given user this is easy.  If you go to advanced > rules on the Peter Kindfield card, you can set it so that *update is restricted to Peter Kindfield.  That means only you (or an administrator, who can update anything) can update this card.

In most cases, this is all you need to do for a single user.  By default, any "field" cards (eg +address, +about me...) will be set to "inherit" their *update permissions.  This means that the *update permission for Peter Kindfield+address will be based on the *update permission for Peter Kindfield.  Which we just set to Peter Kindfield.

Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich....

The bad news: there's not currently a patterned way to do for all users.  That's in the roadmap, but it's not there yet.

- ethan

Ethan McCutchen
One of the Wagneers, Wagn.org

Wagn. How pioneers roll.

s: ethan.mccutchen
t: @intogreater

Peter Kindfield

Nov 7, 2014, 1:58:35 PM11/7/14
to wagn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ethan. I’d figured out how to do it for a single user.

It’s good to know that my inability do  it for all users was not due to my failing mind ;-)

Much Love,

—Peter