Wagn Circle: a new gem

Ethan McCutchen

Jan 30, 2014, 1:01:27 AM1/30/14
to wagn...@googlegroups.com, wagn...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Tomorrow (Thursday), we're going to have our first Wagn Circle of the year to discuss a new way to install Wagn.

As of about fifteen minutes ago, Wagn is now available on rubygems.org.  Note: it's an experimental version, not a formal release.

Tomorrow we'll demonstrate how to use the gem and discuss some of its implications for managing Wagn sites, including:

  • ease of installation
  • ease of maintenance
  • deploying multiple wagns to a single server
  • test environments for mods

Call Details:
  • Date: Thursday, January 30
  • Time: 1pm US EDT (5pm UTC)
  • Logistics: check Wagn Circle card at call time for Google Hangout link

--
Ethan McCutchen
One of the Wagneers, Wagn.org

Wagn. How pioneers roll.

s: ethan.mccutchen
t: @intogreater

Ethan McCutchen

Jan 30, 2014, 10:03:38 AM1/30/14
to wagn...@googlegroups.com, wagn...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

I meant to send a link to the new README page, which includes the installation process for the new gem.  It should look very familiar if you've created any Rails applications lately.

It also has some notes on upgrading existing wagns.  If you want to try that out, feel free, but make sure you back everything up so you can go back to the old way if needed.  Remember: this is prerelease code!

-ethan