Wagn 1.12.1 out

Ethan McCutchen

Sep 25, 2013, 3:01:58 PM9/25/13
to wagn...@googlegroups.com, wagn...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I don't usually make much noise about point releases, but this one merits a little extra attention, especially if you're managing site hosting yourself (as opposed to through Cloudstore, in which case you'll only need to attend to skin-related issues).

Here's what's new:
  • you no longer have to re-save style rules to update skinning.  this approach was planned to be temporary, but it annoyed pretty much everyone (myself included), so we found a more expedient way to replace it (without sacrificing any of the new optimizations) than originally anticipated.  The "skins" doc has been updated accordingly.
  • some important views have had their HTML classes / CSS tags rearranged a bit. This was the topic of the last Wagn Circle, but you can read up on the changes more concisely on this ticket.  This should not impact your styling unless you have extensive customized CSS that directly impacts card content.  If you do need to make changes, please see the CSS card for suggestions about best practices.
  • "packs" have been renamed to "mods".  That won't change anything visible to most folks, but if you have local mods in a non-standard directory, you will need to change "pack_dirs" to "mod_dirs" in your wagn.yml file.  We're also working on the new mods doc page, as the API has been improving rapidly in recent releases.
Be sure to follow standard upgrade procedures (if you're administering the site yourself) and run `rake wagn:migrate` when you upgrade to Wagn 1.12.1.  Among other things, the migration will convert your tinyMCE configuration to JSON (a security enhancement).

--
Ethan McCutchen
One of the Wagneers, Wagn.org

Wagn. How pioneers roll.