Getting ready for Wagn 1.12

Ethan McCutchen

Sep 9, 2013, 5:48:38 PM9/9/13
to wagn...@googlegroups.com, wagn...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Wagn 1.12 is coming out this week; if all goes according to plan, I'll start deploying to production servers tomorrow (Tuesday) night.  Sites hosted on Cloudstore's "shared" servers will be deployed a bit later (I'll let you know when as soon as I know).

As the release card explains, there's some important new functionality coming in Wagn 1.12, the most visible of which is the new skinning support.

Though the new system gives skin designers more control and opens up the possibility for creating and sharing new skins, we also worked hard to minimize the styling changes in the current look so that any changes to your look and feel will be by choice.

That said, if your site has style customizations, it may be affected by this release.  There are more specifics on the Wagn 1.12 upgrade notes, but there are a few key things you can do to prepare:
  • make sure your *css card has only valid css (this validator may help).
  • I plan to survey sites for problems after the release. To insure I check in on your site, send me an individual email and make sure I have an account and access to edit your *css card.  Note that sites with support contracts will get priority.
  • check in on your site after it's been upgraded.  Once upgraded your *version card should indicate that you're using version 1.12.0.
More soon,
Ethan

--
Ethan McCutchen