The final issue. Please follow me at Soonish!

Wade Roush

Dec 19, 2016, 3:01:34 PM12/19/16
to wade...@googlegroups.com

Hey folks,

Warmest holiday greetings from Cambridge.

You may have heard via other channels that I’ve been busy this fall spinning up a new podcast. Related to that, I wanted to let you know that -- after sharing these occasional updates for the last six years -- I’ll be putting this Google Groups e-mail list into hibernation in favor of the show’s own newsletter.

I hope you’ll stay in touch by signing up.

The podcast is called Soonish and it premieres January 13. It’s all about the future: how we think and talk about it, what we can do together to shape it, and why our best forecasts -- and our worst fears -- are usually wrong.

Please check out the 2-minute teaser episode and then subscribe to the show via iTunes or your favorite podcast source. (It’s also available on GooglePlay Music, Stitcher, TuneIn, and SoundCloud.)

You can follow the show on Twitter at soonishpodcast or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/soonishpodcast/

I’d love to hear your comments about the teaser or the first full episode when it comes out next month. And I’m eager for leads and topic suggestions for new episodes. As always, you can reach me at wade....@gmail.com. Now I'm also reachable at wa...@soonishpodcast.org.

If you do get a chance to check out the show, I would be enormously grateful if you could take a moment to rate and review it at the iTunes Store. That’s the most powerful way to help get a new podcast noticed.

In addition to reporting and producing the first few episodes of Soonish, I did a couple of features this year for WBUR. You can listen here and here.

And if you’re looking for more great shows, check out a piece I wrote for Xconomy last week called 50 Podcasts You Should Be Listening To—and 5 New Ways to Find Them.

Thanks for being a subscriber to this list, and all best wishes for 2017.

Wade