gdots not working

W. Brian Lane

Sep 26, 2016, 9:41:39 AM9/26/16
to VPython-users
I have encountered a problem with using gdots. When using a code such as
from visual.graph import *
mygraph = gdots(color=color.red)
mygraph.plot(pos=(1,1))
mygraph.plot(pos=(0,0))
my resulting graph shows only a single data point, which is not at any of the specified positions:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled python 2.7.9 and VPython-Win-32-Py2.7-6.11. gcurve, on the other hand, is working fine. For example,
from visual.graph import *
mygraph = gcurve(color=color.red)
mygraph.plot(pos=(1,1))
mygraph.plot(pos=(0,0))
produces (correctly)

Any suggestions?

Brian

Bruce Sherwood

Sep 26, 2016, 11:12:29 AM9/26/16
to VPython-users
I have no idea how gcurve can work and gdots fail. Your program works for me. I'm running 64-bit Windows, but I wouldn't expect a difference between 32-bit and 64-bit. Are you able to try the 64-bit version? Or either the newer GlowScript VPython or Jupyter VPython?

Note that site-packages/visual_common/visual_common/graph.py contains the graphing code, written in Python, so you could put in some print statements in the gdots class and perhaps get more information that way.