Any luck with ivisual under Winpython?

Reuben Gann

Nov 29, 2015, 12:40:20 AM11/29/15
to VPython-users
Hi, I am running Winpython 2.7.10.3, and I have several vpython scripts running just fine from a console instance of python. I've read that the ivisual package allows for inline interactivity in an Ipython window, but I don't seem able to get this to work under Spyder or Ipython QtConsole. For instance, if I try this projectile motion demo, instead of a graphical output I just get the text

<IPython.core.display.HTML object>
<IPython.core.display.Javascript object>
seconds to fall: 4.48

I don't get any visual output either in-line or in a separate window. I installed ivisual from pip, and the statement "from ivisual import *" executes without an issue, so I think I have installed ivisual correctly. Does anybody have a clue how I can get inline output of vpython/ivisual in Spyder?

Thanks

Bruce Sherwood

Nov 29, 2015, 11:21:29 AM11/29/15
to vpytho...@googlegroups.com
At the moment, ivisual is to be considered experimental and not fully usable, though work is in progress to make it robust.

Reuben Gann

Nov 29, 2015, 2:12:39 PM11/29/15
to VPython-users
ok, good to know. Thanks Bruce.