Animated or movie background

jason....@pavegen.co.uk

Apr 18, 2016, 7:11:23 PM4/18/16
to VPython-users
[Annoyingly Google groups dropped my first attempt at this post. Re-sending probably less well written.]

Hi,

It is, or could it be possible to place an animated texture on an object.  I would like animated backgrounds like water, clouds and starfields.

The source of the animation could be an array of static bitmaps or a real movie such as a suitable crafted AVI.

For an interactive demo I would like to make the space the 3D world lives in less 'boring', I thought a movie would brighten things up a bit.

Regards,
Jason

Bruce Sherwood

Apr 18, 2016, 9:02:17 PM4/18/16
to VPython-users
There's nothing like that currently supported by GlowScript. There isn't even the capability to apply a computed texture. However, such things are entirely possible in the WebGL world and are candidates for further development.