installing python visual for anaconda

João Abrantes

Jun 3, 2016, 2:54:22 PM6/3/16
to VPython-users
Following the sites rules I should do:

conda install -c https://conda.binstar.org/mwcraig vpython

but I'm getting this error:

Error:  Package missing in current linux-64 channels:

- vpython

Did you mean one of these?

    python
, ipython, wxpython

You can search for this package on anaconda.org with

    anaconda search
-t conda vpython

Matt Craig

Jun 4, 2016, 12:33:37 AM6/4/16
to VPython-users
Hi,

Unfortunately,I was never able to build that vpython in Linux. The problem, of I remember right, was done of the dependencies rather than vpython itself.

The newer vpython-jupyter works in Linux, installable with either

pip install vpython

Or

conda install -c vpython vpython

(Yes, vpython is repeated in the second case....One is the channel name, the other is the package name.

Matt Craig

Henri Girard

Jun 15, 2016, 5:37:54 AM6/15/16
to VPython-users
If you use ubuntu I build it. But then If you install vpython jupyter it breaks wxpython. But as I use jupyter-vpython I have no problems. But I think it's not a good thing to install wxpython as it wo'nt be developed anymore.

Bruce Sherwood

Jun 15, 2016, 2:16:18 PM6/15/16
to VPython-users
Note that the statement