Rendering window is not opening

Avedis Neehus

Apr 16, 2017, 10:57:59 AM4/16/17
to VPython-users
Hello there!

When running the code found in the attachment, no error messages occur. However my sphere objects and the general interface are not loading. It happens specifically with this code. Strangely when interrupting the kernel the window shows up.
Using: anaconda 4 ,jupyter 4.3.2, python 3.5.2, ipython3, kernelspec vpython.
It was originally written having pygame in mind, so it might not look very 'Vpythonic'.

tosend.txt

Bruce Sherwood

Apr 16, 2017, 1:39:45 PM4/16/17
to VPython-users
You need a rate statement in your animation loop. When I insert "rate(100)" at the start of the loop I do see a canvas with a white sphere in it, but no animation. However, the program is too large for me to analyze what other issues there may be beyond needing a rate statement.

Avedis Neehus

Apr 16, 2017, 2:34:40 PM4/16/17
to VPython-users
Thank you for answering such an unresearched question; should have read the doc ^^.
The ball doesnt move because the forces on the ball come from other balls and Ball_num = 1.