Another oddity

fgra...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2017, 6:09:56 AM12/8/17
to VPython-users
Bruce:

Running your example programm 01-space-station.py with VPython also shows a marked difference with the GlowScript rendition: although the background for both scenes appears in the VPython screen (if somewhat displaced), most of the action is displayed just in the righthand scene, with the lefthand one remaining black. The attached images show the aspect of my screen at start and end of a throw.

Regards

Paco
SpaceStation0.jpg
SpaceStation1.jpg

Bruce Sherwood

Dec 8, 2017, 8:38:23 AM12/8/17
to VPython-users
Near the start of the spacestation() function, the statement "canvas.selected = whichcanvas" should be "whichcanvas.select()" as the documentation says. Turns out that the equivalent "canvas.selected" syntax isn't documented but is present in GlowScript. I need to update the documentation (and extend this syntax to VPython 7). Thanks for the report.

Bruce