Installing vpython on Window 10

JohnW

Oct 10, 2015, 1:21:33 PM10/10/15
to VPython-users
When I try to install VPython on my laptop running Windows 10, the installer tells me it can't find pythonw.exe and will ask for the destination later. When I run VPython, I have to manually show it where pythonw.exe is (C:/Python 27). When I try to run VIdle, I get an error. "IDLE's subprocess didn't make connection. Either IDLE can't start a subprocess or personal firewall software is blocking the connection."
I can't get past this. Any suggestions?

Bruce Sherwood

Oct 10, 2015, 3:30:46 PM10/10/15
to vpytho...@googlegroups.com
VPython has been installed without difficulties on multiple Windows 10 machines, so Windows 10 per se isn't the problem. It sounds like something went wrong with the installation process, either of Python or of VPython. You might profitably try uninstalling VPython, downloading a fresh copy, and reinstalling. Or even uninstall and reinstall fresh copies of both Python and VPython.