VPython 7.0.3

Bruce Sherwood

Jun 15, 2017, 9:03:57 PM6/15/17
to VPython-users
VPython 7.0.3 corrects a bug that caused the no-notebook version to fail if you didn't have write permission to the files in site-packages/vpython.

Scott Edwards

Jul 3, 2017, 8:50:44 AM7/3/17
to VPython-users
I'm using the Anaconda version of VPython 7.0.3 for Python3.5, on MacOS Sierra. I've tried running the "no-notebook" version from IDLE, and it returns the following error:

"http://localhost:49251" doesn’t understand the “open location” message. (-1708)

This seems to be the same issue that is fixed by adding the " --browser" flag when starting up the notebook environment on a Mac. Is there an analogous way to specify the browser in the "no-notebook" version?

Bruce Sherwood

Jul 3, 2017, 1:19:54 PM7/3/17
to VPython-users
I'm guessing that you're using Safari, which has a bug that can be avoided by setting --browser in a terminal to be some browser other than Safari. The no-notebook version doesn't look at options in a terminal, so there isn't a way to specify a different browser there, but of course you could set your default browser to be something other than Safari.