arrow objects causing halts when added to compound

15 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

erk...@gmail.com

da leggere,
24 nov 2016, 16:44:2824/11/16
a VPython-users
Hi,

I am using jupyter vpython under OS X 10.10.5 with python 2.7.8. When I add arrow objects to make compounds, the 3d window stops responding.

from vpython import *
arm1 = arrow(pos=vector(0,-0.5,0), axis=vector(0,1,1.4), color = color.yellow )
arm2 = arrow(pos=vector(0,-0.5,0), axis=vector(0,1,-1.4), color = color.yellow )
mahmutB = compound([arm1, arm2])

Without the last line, everything is fine.

Are arrows not allowed in compound objects? The documentation does not mention any problems with them.

Cheers,
e.

Bruce Sherwood

da leggere,
24 nov 2016, 23:38:3924/11/16
a VPython-users
Many thanks for the report. It is indeed the case that compound cannot handle arrow, but it should be possible to make it work. The problem is basically that arrow is a combination of a box and a pyramid, and this needs special treatment in the compound machinery.

Bruce Sherwood

da leggere,
25 nov 2016, 18:13:0325/11/16
a VPython-users
Now fixed in GlowScript 2.2. I expect there to be an installer for Jupyter VPython within a few weeks that will use the GlowScript 2.2 library (Jupyter VPython currently uses the GlowScript 2.1 library).

Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra
0 nuovi messaggi